Back 4 Good -Your future in British Columbia is working throughout the key 52 cities in B.C. with our message to expatriates to come back to B.C. to live and work.
British Columbia is the most western province in Canada and is defined by its Pacific coastline and mountain ranges . B.C. has an estimated population of nearly 5 million people and the largest city in the province is Vancouver.
Other cities of interest for returnees include,
British Columbia is expanding rapidly with labour market reports highlighting worker shortages and skills mis-matches.
B.C. unemployment rate is running at 5% down from 5.%% a year earlier. This combined with a skills mis-match has result in acute shortages with the following positions the most difficult to fill,
- Senior Manager – All Sectors
- Professional and Technical staff ( IT systems, engineering etc )
- Skilled Tradespeople
- Financial/ Accounting/ Human Resources
- Entry Level (Labourer, front-line customer service, admin)
- Marketing, Sales and Internet of things
The current B.C. Chamber of Commerce and Provincial Government Mindreader report pointed out 3 clear and significant trends,
- Severity of Labour Shortages – employers in most regions in B.C. and industries in the province are challenged with recruiting and retaining quality staff due to the robust provincial economy and corresponding tight labour market.
- Significant skills mis-matches with nearly three-quarters of employers indicating they routinely hire less qualified employees and train them on the job, there is a clear need to improve the alignment of ( skilled ) labour demand and supply in B.C.
- Emphasis on local recruitment ,considering the current severity of labour shortages, it is notable that most employers continue to focus recruitment efforts on the local/ community lane market rather then recruiting more aggressively from other parts of B.C. and Canada
Indeed such is the skill shortage in the province that some major expansion plans and infrastructure developments are getting “mothballed” and reports that B.C. could see a nearly £7.9 billion annual decline in GDP unless demand for talent is met.
What an excellent time to live and work in B.C. register your interest today send your detail to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will take it from there for you.
For employers and organisations looking for talent we have a solid database of returnees and overseas talent .Post your jobs on our new platform and we can deliver that skills you and your firm require.